One area that is less sure than ever is an employer’s obligation with regard to LGBTQ discrimination - including the “bathroom” issue. What does the law require? Although federal law and Title VII do not prohibit discrimination or harassment based on sexual orientation or gender identity, many state laws do include these. In addition, a federal court recently held that sexual orientation discrimination is protected under Title VII.
- Understanding whether sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination is prohibited under federal or state and local laws
- Understanding your legal requirements to protect your LGBTQ employees
- Legal pitfalls with LGBTQ employees to be aware of
- Bathrooms? Which one?
- Update on legal cases
- Laws on the horizon that are not favorable to LGBTQ employees
You Will Receive
- LGBTQ inclusion - handout
Your Avant Expert
Melissa Fleischer is an employment law attorney with many years experience. She is President and Founder of HR Learning Center, LLC. Ms. Fleischer has successfully represented numerous clients in employment discrimination litigation. She has also provided in-house employment law and human resource training to many of her clients on various employment law topics such as FMLA, ADA, and labor relations. She is nationally recognized as an expert in her field.