If Excel spreadsheets are new to you, or if you haven’t used a spreadsheet in years, this webcast is just what you need. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, begins with the basics and takes you through how to build and work with Excel spreadsheets efficiently and effectively. After participating in this webcast, you’ll be empowered to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate long lists of data.
David’s courses are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. His detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. In addition, he provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
David’s materials cover Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. He teaches from the version of Excel the majority of attendees are using.
Topics typically covered:
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, pre-built templates in Excel.
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Get oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Learn the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Master Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again; use a keyboard shortcut instead.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Understand how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Learn structural basics about Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Master some basic data-analysis techniques.
YOUR EXPERT INSTRUCTOR
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
HRCI CREDIT: This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website:www.hrci.org.
SHRM CREDIT: Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.