While breaking down the ACH Rules book, this webinar training will explore originator (i.e. business) obligations, help identify participants and transactions, and analyze important processing rules. The course will also discuss the benefits of ACH and the process flow, including debit and credit transactions.
Why You Should Attend
This course will provide attendees with an introduction to the ACH network including processes, participants, navigating the ACH Rules book, and more. This course is intended for businesses who currently process ACH Direct Deposit and/or ACH Direct Debit transactions yet need more education on the network and those who are looking into this payment network as a payment solution. Note: Participants need a 2017 ACH Rules book for this course. Speaker highly recommends the Complete Guide (vs. the Corporate Edition). The speaker will be using the Complete Guide to the Operating Rules and Guidelines for this course.
- Discover the breakdown and organization of the ACH Rules book
- Locate originator (i.e. business) obligations
- Identify participants and transactions
- Analyze important processing rules
- Introduction to the ACH Rules book
- How to navigate and locate the rules
- Benefits of ACH Process flows
- Credit transactions
- Debit transactions
- How to identify the participants
- Liability for transactions
- Authorization requirements
- Standard entry class codes
- Review of important processing rules
Who Will Benefit
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Risk management
- Legal council
- Any organization using or planning to use ACH for payment processing
Rayleen M. Pirnie, AAP, is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC, based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized payments risk and fraud expert who offers specialized consulting services, procedural and risk management reviews, and payments education. Ms. Pirnie’s specialized skill is delving into the world beyond the payment rules; areas where organizations often find themselves in positions of liability or loss with little to no clear guidance. She has worked with all payment systems for nearly 20 years.
ACH 101 for Originators - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Attendees of Live Webinar are eligible for 1.2 CPE credit up on full completion of the course.