Tracking, Monitoring, And Managing Your Workers' Comp Claims
- Nov 16, 2017
- 03:00 PM EST
- 90 minutes
When an employee is injured at work, workers' compensation benefits are available to cover lost wages and medical costs related to the injury.
Whether those benefits spiral out of control or are properly managed depends on you - the workers' compensation administrator.
Learn successful strategies for tracking, monitoring, and managing your workers' comp claims. Gain insight into what needs managing, what relationships you need to develop, and what you need to do when a high-risk injury occurs.
You and/or your co-workers will also learn
- When injuries are and are not compensable under workers' compensation
- Why you never deny a claim and what you need to do if the claim is not compensable
- Why you need a relationship with your workers' comp carrier
- The types of injuries that are "high-risk" - and why you need to be focused on them
- What policies I need to have in place to support the program
Who Will Benefit
- HR Department
- HR Compensation administrator
- HR Auditors
About Your Presenter
Philip Augustine is a Shareholder with the law firm of Langston, Hess, Augustine, Hussey, Greenhill & Moyles, P.A. Mr. Augustine has practiced solely in the area of workers' compensation defense for the past 17 years. He is Board Certified as a specialist in the field of workers' compensation law.
Mr. Augustine is currently Chairman of the Florida Bar Workers' Compensation Board Certification committee and Vice-Chairman of the Workers' Compensatoin Rules Advisory Committee, as well as a member of the Executive Council of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Florida Bar.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. It is also valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations.