How do HR personnel walk the tightrope of Americans With Disabilities Act compliance while discerning the validity of disability violations and complaints?
The ADA encompasses more than just constructing ramps to accommodate disabled employees. It constitutes reasonable accommodations for employees including allowing employees to work remotely, mandatory job reassignment, purchasing technology to assist with essential job functions and achieving a better understanding of ADA compliance issues raised by technology.
The ADA is a deceptively complex law. Essential functions, attendance, and reassignment are things that HR professionals struggle with all the time and the approaches taken by the courts are often conflicting. Add technology to this mix and the legal compliance issues get amplified manifold. Attend this 75-minute web training to understand the nuances and deal with regular and extraordinary situations in the workplace.
- Achieve better understanding of the functions of a job that are considered essential
- Situations when attendance may be an essential function of the job
- How to deal with mandatory job reassignments and applicable rules
- Gaining clear understanding of the ADA compliance issues raised by technology
- Improve your company's productivity and stay clear of lawsuits by understanding the mandates of the ADA and ensuring compliance
- Essential job functions
- Attendance as an essential function
- Reasonable accommodation
- Various approaches to reassignment
- ADA compliance issues raised by technology
- ADA checklist for your company
You Also Receive
- 1.25 continuing education credit hours (as applicable)
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations
- Convenience of attending from office, home or mobile device
Your Avant Expert
William Goren is one of the country’s foremost attorneys on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. For more than 20 years, he has been advising on ADA compliance as both an attorney and professor—of which during his time as a full-time academic at various institutions in Chicago, he won numerous teaching awards and achieved tenure.