Effective presentations are about what you say, right? Not so.
Audiences only devote seven percent of their attention to the words you use. Body language, appearance and diction are more important. And Powerpoint slides? Far from powerful.
Join This Training Session If You Want To
- Use your body language to communicate the message you want
- Apply the mysterious art of audience analysis
- Execute exciting, engaging intros for your remarks
- Declutter and overhaul your slides
- Know 3 features your presentation must have to hook your audience
- Hate public speaking
- Ever feel embarrassed about shaky hands when speaking
- Feel people counting your “ums” or “uhs”
- Bore when it’s your time to shine
- Fear someone might stump you with a hard question
- Need fresh approaches to presenting ideas to your team or bosses
- Simply want power tips you can incorporate immediately to be the best presenter you can be each and every time
Topics Covered During this Live Online Training
- Preparing Your Presentation
- How to make the most of your "Three-Minute First Impression"
- Map your ideas so you sound prepared and confident
- Figure out what everyone else is doing- then DON'T do it
- Organize your talking points, even for informative/impromptu meetings at work
- Delivering Your Presentation
- Don't be guilty of fizzling out at the end: Close with a big bang
- Completely overhaul your slides; even better, consider going slide-less
- Fine tune your non-verbal know-how Identify and eliminate any nervous habits or jitters
- Handle unexpected questions effortlessly
Best Practice Of All
Banish the "ums" and "uhs." This one technique will eradicate vocal fillers from all of your presentations for good
- ABC's of Presentation
Web Recording Benefits
- 1.25 continuing education credit hours (as applicable)
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations Attend from office, home or mobile device
Your Avant Expert
Mandi has more than 18 years' experience on the seminar circuit as a Certified Speaking Professional. She works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers. She has traveled throughout North American entertaining and educating more than 45,000 seminar participants, totaling more than 4,000 platform hours.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.