Wire transfer fraud has often rendered businesses and financial institutions helpless despite their best efforts to combat the threat.
This training program will identify the red flags of common forms of wire transfer fraud and help you understand how you can protect your organization and combat fraud. The webinar instructor will also review sound risk assessment practices to help minimize exposure.
Why You Should Attend:
Wire transfer fraud has been around almost as long as the payment system itself and shows no signs of coming to an end. In fact, in 2015 and 2016, there have been renewed efforts to defraud consumers, businesses and financial institutions driving losses to alarming heights. This course will provide attendees with a brief overview of current forms of wire transfer fraud with an emphasis on identification and mitigating risks.
- Identify the red flags of common forms of wire transfer fraud
- Isolate how your organization can help combat fraud
- Review sound risk assessment practices to help minimize exposure
- Document valuable tips to protect your organization and customers
- Record valuable resources for consumers, businesses and financial institutions
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Red flags of the most common forms of wire transfer fraud including advance fee frauds, scams, phishing
- Security expert findings -data harvesting, data breaches
- Incorporating wire transfer fraud into your organization’s risk assessment
- Tips To educate consumers
- How the frontline/customer service/account officer can help
- Handling requests you suspect are fraudulent
Who Will Benefit:
- Frontline/Customer Service Personnel
- Internal Auditors
- Director of Security
- Compliance Professionals
- CFO/ CPA
- Audit Committee Members
- Operational Risk Managers
Rayleen M. Pirnie, AAP, is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC, based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized speaker whose educational programs provide valuable, actionable strategies for financial institutions and businesses, on topics ranging from payments risk management to information security. She is the author of several payments risk and fraud blogs geared toward helping organizations recognize threats and protect themselves from loss.
The Alarming State of Wire Transfer Fraud - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Attendees of Live Webinar are eligible for 1.8 CPE credit up on full completion of the course.