Sticky Situations - Handling ACH Disputes: The Retail Perspective
- Jun 06, 2017 (Recording)
- 90 minutes
This ACH training program will review common consumer issues and situations while handling ACH disputes. It will guide participants in deciding the appropriate course of action in given situations. Participants will also learn what to do when a customer/member won’t complete a WSUD.
Why Should You Attend
Financial institution retail centers and call centers often face handling consumer disputes of ACH debits on their account; many situations aren’t covered in the ACH Rules book guidelines nor is there any clear direction from other resources.
This webinar will focus on the most common disputes, provide attendees with a basic understanding of what is required to maintain compliance, as well as discuss tips on handling these issues. The course will conclude with some real life scenarios where attendees try their hand at solving the issue, while balancing compliance obligations with customer service.
- Review common consumer sticky situations when handling ACH disputes
- Document your institution’s obligations and rights
- Realize how what you say can impact the situation (often negatively)
- Decide the appropriate course of action in given situations
Areas Covered in the Webinar
- Stop payment, revoked authorization, unauthorized, wrong amount
- Case study analysis:
- Company I authorized didn’t receive the money
- I don’t know who this company is or why they debited my account
- I wrote a check for X – it cleared and now they are charging me again
- What not to say to a consumer
- Understand what the rules say
- What to do when a customer/member won’t complete a WSUD
- Documenting claims
- Best practices for handling tricky situations
Who Will Benefit
- Frontline/Customer Service Personnel
- Internal Auditors
- Risk Officers
- Director of Security
- Compliance Professionals
- Operational Risk Professionals
- Audit Committee Members
- Operational Risk Managers
- Fraud Investigators
- Branch Managers
Rayleen M. Pirnie, AAP, is the founder and owner of RP Payments Risk Consulting Services, LLC, based in Missouri. She is a nationally recognized speaker whose educational programs provide valuable, actionable strategies for financial institutions and businesses on topics ranging from payments risk management to information security. She is the author of several payments risk and fraud blogs geared toward helping organizations recognize threats and protect themselves from loss.
"Sticky Situations - Handling ACH Disputes: The Retail Perspective" - This course is approved by NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy). Attendees of Live Webinar are eligible for 1.8 CPE credit up on full completion of the course.