Executive taxation questions are a continuous struggle for organizations seeking ways to promote and keep key talent in their organizations.
Many organizations must determine the fine line of what is best, competitive and/or legal. Should leadership teams get cars, tax planning, personal travel, or other fringe benefits versus just compensation?
Because of these complex issues, it has become critical for payroll professionals to understand special payment and or deductions that executive teams could be receiving — as well as the tax implications of such benefits. This training session provides a detailed review of executive payments and/or deductions - plus the best methods to handle the taxation of such payments.
- Overview of company car and taxation methods
- Details of aircraft use for personal reasons versus business
- Different types of reimbursements such as insurance premiums, personal travel, tax planning and preparation fees
- Relocation taxation and the distance test
- Review of stock options, incentive stock options, restricted stock
- Bonuses — how they should be taxed
- How deferred compensation plans work for executives
- Termination pay options for executives
- Year end reporting concerns and what to watch out for
Who Will Benefit
- Top managment
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting professionals
- Compensation experts
- Executives who earn fringe benefits
Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, is a payroll professional with over 15 years experience in both teaching and handling payroll. Ms. Reum holds both a Certified Payroll Professional and a Fundamental Payroll Certification designation and is a frequent presenter on various payroll topics. Dayna has worked for companies such as PetSmart, Honeywell, and the American Payroll Association. Dayna also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, has received a Citation of Merit and is a Gold Pin member of the APA. She is certified in HR hiring and firing practices, and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in recorded format, On-Demand Or CD versions.
This program has been approved for 1.5 re-certification credit hours for HRCI's PHR and SPHR designations through the HR Certification Institute. It is also valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designations.