Generation Z is now joining Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers to create a true four-generation workforce competing for every possible workplace benefit - projects, pay, paid leave, performance bonuses— not to forget flex time.
Multi-generational teams are a reality. Is your company prepared to handle the nuances of a tech-savvy, young workforce showing up to work with a heavily social-media-centric work ethic? Are the baby boomers who are already dealing with a generation gap with millennials willing to mentor workers as young as their grandchildren?
Reverse mentoring, a term coined by famed former GE CEO R. Jack Welch, can bridge these generation gaps in the workforce. Senior and younger generations can form a highly efficient mentor-mentee relationship leading to improved efficiency, speed and interpersonal relationships. Learn about how and why to create a reverse mentoring program for your business with this live online training. In just 75 minutes, you will discover the best techniques and practices to encourage teamwork and implement reverse mentoring in your workplace.
- Understanding the generations
- What can young workers offer your senior executives?
- What can your Baby Boomers offer a younger generation in this technologically advanced world?
- The different types of reverse mentoring programs
- Implementing a stand-alone mentoring program vs. an established mentoring program
- Understanding the importance of 'emotional intelligence'
- Know the five components of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self- regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills
- The steps to setting up your personalized reverse mentoring program
- Have you evaluated your employee’s needs and concerns to provide feedback and assign mentors?
- Identify signs of unsuccessful teams
- Identify the characteristics and behavioral needs of various generations
- Hone in on measurable team goals
- How to set up a reverse mentoring plan
- Explain requirements of successful reverse mentoring
- Engaging difficult team workers to 'buy-in' to team goals
- Mentoring Guide - 14-page guidebook on being a top mentor from Career Woman, Inc.
- Reverse mentoring program checklist - sample handout with steps to create the perfect reverse mentoring program
- Emotional intelligence evaluation forms - evaluation questionnaires for Baby Boomers, Gen X and Millennials
Who Will Benefit
- Managers, supervisors, team leads
- Team members
- Top Management
- HR Professionals
- Anybody dealing with a multi-generational workforce
You Also Receive
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations
- Convenience of attending from office, home or mobile device
Your Avant Expert
Susan Schoenfeld has over 20 years of corporate experience, particularly in the legal arena. She worked at Baker & McKenzie as a Professional Development & Performance Management Consultant. She spent over eleven years as Professional Development Director for 1,000 attorneys at Foley & Lardner LLP. Susan has provided seminars and worked as a consultant and coach for Fortune 500 companies as well as Associations and professional groups throughout the Midwest.