Generation Z is now joining Millennials, Generation X and Baby Boomers to create a true four-generation workforce.
Multi-generational teams are a reality. Is your company prepared to handle the nuances of a tech-savvy, young workforce showing up to work with a heavily social-media-centric work ethic? Are the baby boomers who are already dealing with a generation gap with millennials willing to mentor workers as young as their grandchildren?
Reverse mentoring, a term coined by famed former GE CEO R. Jack Welch, can bridge these generation gaps in the workforce. Senior and younger generations can form a highly efficient mentor-mentee relationship leading to improved efficiency, speed and interpersonal relationships. Learn about how and why to create a reverse mentoring program for your business with this live online training. In just 75 minutes, you will discover the best techniques and practices to implement reverse mentoring where you work.
- Understanding the generations
- What can young workers offer your senior executives?
- What can your Baby Boomers offer a younger generation in this technologically advanced world?
- The different types of reverse mentoring programs
- Implementing a stand-alone mentoring program vs. an established mentoring program
- Understanding the importance of 'emotional intelligence'
- Know the five components of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self- regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills
- The steps to setting up your personalized reverse mentoring program
- Have you evaluated your employee’s needs and concerns to provide feedback and assign mentors?
- Learn how to successfully implement reverse mentoring in your workplace
- Identify signs of unsuccessful teams
- Identify the characteristics and behavioral needs of various generations
- Hone in on measurable team goals
- How to set up a reverse mentoring plan
- Explain requirements of successful reverse mentoring
- Engaging difficult team workers to 'buy-in' to team goals
- Mentoring Guide - 14-page guidebook on being a top mentor from Career Woman, Inc.
- Reverse mentoring program checklist - sample handout with steps to create the perfect reverse mentoring program
- Emotional intelligence evaluation forms - evaluation questionnaires for Baby Boomers, Gen X and Millennials
You Also Receive
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations
- Convenience of attending from office, home or mobile device
Your Avant Expert
Susan Schoenfeld has over 20 years of corporate experience, particularly in the legal arena. She worked at Baker & McKenzie as a Professional Development & Performance Management Consultant. She spent over eleven years as Professional Development Director for 1,000 attorneys at Foley & Lardner LLP. Susan has provided seminars and worked as a consultant and coach for Fortune 500 companies as well as Associations and professional groups throughout the Midwest.