Why sift through reams of personnel and performance data when you can monitor your Key Performance Indicators on a simple dashboard? Uncomplicate voluminous, time-consuming and repetitive tasks by learning to create dashboards in Excel- a critical tool in your communication armory.
As HR personnel, both policy and presentation aspects of your job are equally important. While there are many tools that can be used to create a dashboard, Excel is commonly used due to its power, flexibility and the fact that it mostly comes pre-installed on computers.
Microsoft Excel offers an inexpensive and effective way to manipulate HR data such as employee salaries, relocations, benefits and other KPIs. Create meaningful reports that make data analysis easy. You'll learn how to make the dashboard virtually maintenance-free when new data becomes available, create pivot tables needed to drive the dashboard, create great -looking visuals, add interactivity using slicers, automate elements of the dashboard with a macro and protect cells containing critical formulas.
In just 90 minutes you will be able to create your own HR Excel dashboard and classify your data records according to metrics that matter to you most.
- Organize and manipulate vital HR data into a 1-page layout
- View data in table and graph formats
- Learn to create a customized dashboard for your particular department
- Create quick reports for top management
- Create and share visually stunning reports, track and monitor progress to help further company goals
- Best practice for setting up data sources
- Visual communication using charts
- Creating a rolling 30-day summary
- Using formulas to create KPI summaries
- Creating interactive filters with Slicers
- Automating the dashboard with a simple macro
- Using protection to prevent accidental changes
- Making customizable dashboards for HR Personnel
- Create compelling reports that justify HR budgetary decisions
- Sample HR templates
- Do's and don'ts of dashboards
You Also Receive
- 1.25 continuing education credit hours (as applicable)
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations
- Convenience of attending from office, home or mobile device
Your Avant Expert
Mike Thomas has over 25 years experience designing and delivering face-to-face and virtual training courses and is an Excel author of nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He also develops Microsoft Office solutions to automate key business tasks and processes.