Show Me Your Papers
Immigration Reality Check for Employers
Tuesday, March 29 at 12:30 p.m. ET
(11:30 am CT, 10:30am MT, 9:30 am PT)
Live Online Training: 75 minutes
President Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigration is major international news. Yet many details have gone unreported. Employers from Silicon Valley to universities, medical facilities and blue collar service providers face far-reaching change.
Greg Siskind, a leading immigration attorney and co-founder of visalaw.com, has dug into three key presidential executive orders involving immigration to interpret and relate them to your concerns.
This training can benefit you if your organization relies on immigrant labor. If you are new to immigration law you will receive a foundation in existing regulations and compliance. If you are experienced you will gain insight into how the new administration may change your employment practices.
- Immigration Law Overview - Visa types and their requirements
- The Executive Orders - Impacts of each for employers and workers
- Key Take-Aways - What you should do to prepare
- Compliance Checklist - Steps to verify your preparedness for audit or inspection
- Prior to the class, you will download sample immigration forms and submit questions for Mr. Siskind
- The difference between visa, status and work authorization
- Consequences of immigration violations
- How to fill out Form I-765 and actually understand the document
- Understanding H-1B and other most common visas in the workplace
- The various immigration agencies and their roles (USCIS, ICE, DOL, etc.)
- Sample Form I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization
- Form I-765 Instruction Manual – This 12-page instruction manual will help answer any questions you have on Form I-765
You Also Receive
- 1.25 continuing education credit hours (as applicable)
- Personal answers tailored to your questions and situations
- Attend from office, home or mobile device.
Your Avant Expert
Greg Siskind is a founding partner of Siskind Susser, PC – Immigration Lawyers. He is the author of several books including the annually published J-1 Visa Guidebook and the recently published SHRM’s Employer’s Immigration Compliance Desk Reference. In 1994, he created www.visalaw.com, the first immigration law firm web site in the world and is the editor of Siskind’s Immigration Bulletin, a newsletter that is distributed to more than 40,000 subscribers each week.
What Is a Webinar?
A Webinar is a live, interactive presentation that is viewed on the internet. During a webinar, each participant sits at his or her own computer and is connected to other participants and the presenter via the internet using a web-based platform, GoToWebinar. Attendees access the meeting by clicking on a link distributed by e-mail (meeting invitation) to enter the conference.